Celebrating 20 Years!
SIOUX FALLS – The Sioux Falls Fighting Pheasants will be celebrating 20 years of professional baseball in Sioux Falls this season and unveiled their 20th anniversary logo today as well as special promotions that will take place all season long.
The logo, designed by Insight Marketing Design, features the original canary bird from the inaugural Sioux Falls Canaries team in 1993 and the current Pheasants logo with two Roman numeral bold X's to represent the number 20. The Pheasants will wear patches with the logo on their jerseys all season long.
"It's exciting and surreal to think that this modern era of professional baseball in the Sioux Empire celebrates twenty years this season," said Pheasants CEO Gary Weckwerth. "For those that have followed the team during the last twenty years, there have been a lot of great moments to celebrate, from the rebirth of professional baseball to the area in 1993 to the great players that have played here, the championship seasons and of course the fans that have supported it throughout the years."
The Pheasants will be doing several fun and exciting things during the 20th anniversary season. The club will be launching a new website next Tuesday, May 1st to officially kick off the season and fans will soon have the opportunity to vote online for the 20th anniversary team.
The team has created a Mug Club membership for season ticket holders this season. For every season ticket purchased, fans will receive a 16-oz Pheasants specialty cup that allows the ticket holder to purchase domestic beer or fountain soda for just $2.00 each!
The Pheasants are devoted to continuing to make games affordable for the whole family. Fans can purchase tickets starting as low as $7 each night and the club has also rolled out two new ticketing options this season. A limited number of tickets will be made available in the bleacher area that will include a hot dog and soda for just $8. On Sundays, families can purchase a Family Pack that includes 4 game tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 coca-cola beverages and one large popcorn for just $25!
"While everything else around us is going up in price every day, we are proud to have kept our ticket prices the same as the past few years and even find ways to create even more affordable options for fans to enjoy a great night at the ballpark," said Weckwerth. Thanks to many of our partners who through combined marketing efforts we are thrilled to be able to offer many pricing and amenity options whether you are bringing the kids to the park for a night out or for our corporate partners entertaining clients. We believe we've got it covered. Anyone can afford a night at the ballpark!"
Thursday home games will be known as "Throwback Thursdays" where the Pheasants will be paying tribute to the last 20 years of professional baseball. Fans wearing their favorite Sioux Falls baseball gear can get in for just $5, plus domestic draft beers will be just $2.50!
Former Sioux Falls Canaries on-field host Nate Welch will return for six of the seven Thursday games to serve as the on-field host! In addition, the club will be bringing back some of the most popular on-field events in between innings, including the YMCA dance during the 7th inning stretch.
Other season long promotions include:
- Tuesdays: Double Play Tuesdays: 2-for-1 tickets in the grandstand area!
- Wednesdays: Ladies Night: Ladies get in for just $5!
- Fridays: Friday Night Fireworks: Stick around after the game for the best fireworks show in town, courtesy of Sanford Health and All-Star Fireworks!
- Sundays: Family Fun Sundays: Kids run the bases and can get player autographs after the game.
In addition to the season long promotions, the Pheasants will have several specialty and giveaway nights, including:
- May 17th: Opening Day/First Premier-Premier Bank Card "Magnetic Schedule Giveaway."
- June 6th: Business at the Ballpark. Take your lunch break from the office at the Bird Cage and catch the Pheasants. Bring your boss and maybe you'll get the afternoon off! 12 PM start time.
- June 16th: Schoeneman's Bat Giveaway: The first 500 fans through the gates receive a Pheasants wood bat, compliments of Schoeneman's Building Materials!
- June 20th: Daycare Day: This is a day kids won't want to miss! All the entertainment is dedicated to kids! Game time is noon.
- June 28th: Bark in the Park Night: The first of two games where you can bring your four legged friend to the park!
- August 11th: Coleman baseball glove giveaway: The first 450 kids (ages 12 & under) through the gate will receive a Pheasants baseball glove, compliments of Coleman!
- August 26th: Fan Appreciation Night.
Season, group and suite tickets are now available and can be purchased by calling the Pheasants office at 605-336-6060. Looking for a flexible way to see the games this season? E-Z Game ticket books are available for just $99 and come with 10 undated ticket vouchers good for the best available seat and for any game.
Players report to Sioux Falls next Friday, May 4th with opening days slated for Thursday, May 17th when the Pheasants host the Sioux City Explorers at 7:05 PM. Single game tickets will go on sale next Tuesday, May 1st at 11 AM at Sioux Falls Stadium Box Office or any Ticketmaster location.