Pheasants surpass 100,000 in attendance for 2012
Average attendance up nearly 61 percent from 2011
SIOUX FALLS – The Sioux Falls Pheasants concluded a home stand on Sunday evening and vaulted past the 100,000 season attendance milestone, the first time the club has done so since 2009.
The Pheasants have averaged 2,511 fans per game through 40 openings, an increase of nearly 61 percent over the average in 2011. With nine home games remaining, the Pheasants are on pace to see more than 123,000 total fans by season’s end.
“It’s exciting to see the direction we are headed,” said Pheasants CEO/President Tom Garrity. “The fan support has been outstanding, and I know our corporate sponsors have been thrilled with the increase. We hope to finish strong and build some momentum into next season.”
Pheasants fans can still take advantage of great deals and fun with nine remaining home games in the month of August, including two weekend series. The Pheasants return home for a three-game series with Fargo-Moorhead beginning this Friday, August 10. Some of the highlights in August include:
- Post-game Fireworks presented by Sanford Health and All-Star Fireworks during every Friday home game (August 10 and 24).
- Kids run the bases and get player autographs after each Sunday game (August 12 and 26).
- Sioux Falls Pheasants baseball glove giveaway presented by Coleman on August 11. The first 500 kids in the park receive a baseball glove thanks to Coleman!
- Stampede Night on August 24 -- A night dedicated to the Sioux Falls Stampede hockey team!
- Mascot Mania on August 25 -- A variety of mascots will be roaming the stadium and taking part in some between-inning entertainment!Fan Appreciation Night on August 26 – It’s the final game of the season and a chance for fans to go home with some Pheasants swag, plus kids run the bases and get player autographs after the game!
Plus, “Kids FREE” continues through the end of the season, thanks to Sanford Health and Sanford Children’s. Two children 12-and-under are free with the purchase of a regular adult ticket ($12 seating only).
To purchase tickets, fans can visit the box office (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m). More information is available online at www.sfpheasants.com.
The Sioux Falls Pheasants are playing their 20th season of independent, professional baseball. Information about season tickets and group outings is available by calling (605) 336-6060 or visiting www.sfpheasants.com.